• font sizeA
  • A
  • A
Emergency Information
In case of an Emergency pertaining to the water system please call (204)-223-4174 or (204)-223-4160 and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Water Billings are done quarterly. They are sent out in December, March, June, and September and due the following month. If you are a tenant, the owner of the property as well as yourself will be sent a copy of the water bill.
If you are moving, the water meter must be read by yourself as well as the new owner or tenant and submitted to the Municipality with forwarding contact information. A final water bill will be forwarded to you. There are penalties charged for late payments of 1.25% per month.
These penalties are applied to the water account the following business day. After 90 days the overdue amounts, including penalties, will be applied to the Property taxes.
We now offer E-Billing for Utilities only. If you wish to have this service, please complete the attached form and return to our office. 
If you have any questions regarding your bill please contact the RM of Ritchot office at 204-883-2293 ext 1 or info@ritchot.com.
Payment Options
The RM of Ritchot accepts payments of utilities in person, by mail (including post-dated cheques), TelPay or on-line through your financial institution. To use TelPay or the on-line banking contact your financial institution to set up your account. Please include the portion of your bill with the account number if you are mailing in cheques to ensure that the proper account is credited.
We now have Pre-Authorized payment for Utilities only. Please complete the form attached and return to our office effective the next billing cycle.
The meters that are used are electronic meters that can be read manually or using an electronic hand-held meter reader. When the meters are being read, we do not have to enter the home, they are read from the street. This eliminates the need for you or someone else to read your meter and submit the reading to the Municipal office.