All residents of the RM of Ritchot are required according to By-Law No. 3-2008 to obtain a dog license for their dog(s).
The license must be renewed as of January 1st of each year.
License applications received between January 1st and February 28th of each year are as follows:
- Any breed not neutered or spayed - $20.00 per dog
- Any breed neutered or spayed - $15.00 per dog
Please note that there is an increase in cost for dog licenses when payment is late. (After February 28th until December 31st of each year.)
- Any breed not neutered or spayed - $30.00 per dog
- Any breed neutered or spayed - $25.00 per dog
When you come in for your license(s) we require a document of proof of rabies shots and of the dog(s) having been spayed or neutered.
Running at Large
If required to do so, the Animal Control Officer will seize and impound the dog. The dog owner will received a fine of $75.00 for the first offense. For the second offense, the dog owner will be fined $100.00.
Please note: the municipality requires all dogs over the age of 6 months to be licensed.
Dog Kennel License
If you have more than three dogs you must obtain a kennel license. The license fee for dog kennels, once approved by Council, is $75.00 per year or portion thereof.
Animal Control Centre
If you have concerns regarding stray dogs or are looking for a lost pet please contact the following:
- Prairie Animal Control (to report a stray dog) 204-809-3231
- RM of Ritchot (to locate your own pet) Please call our office 204-883-2293
- Animal Welfare Investigator (to report mistreated/abused animals) 204-945-8000
For more information on Licensing Applications or to obtain copies of our Dangerous Dog By-Law 9-2000 or Dog Licensing/Pound Fees By-Law 3-2008 please visit or call our office at 352 Main Street, St. Adolphe 883-2293.
By-Laws 9-2000 and 3-2008 may also be viewed on our website
A friendly reminder to all dog owners to please keep our communities clean and pick up your pet waste!